Fire Safety Measures to Keep Your Home Office Safe
Since March of this year, many more people have been setting up home offices. This has often created the need to have more electronics plugged in at home. As a result, this is the perfect time to implement home office fire safety measures to ensure the protection of your South Jersey household as well as business continuity. Here are the steps that you should be taking.
- Make sure that all electrical outlets, sockets and plugs are in good shape. Besides the electrical power outlets on your walls, take a look at the power cords of your appliances. If you notice any signs of damage or fraying, contact a qualified electrician immediately.
- Do not use extension cords for multiple devices. If you have to use an extension cord, use it for just one device. Make sure that you limit the usage of extension cords to a minimum.
- Install power strips on electronic devices such as computers, VOIP phones and internet routers to ensure that your devices are fully powered off when not in use and protected in the case of a sudden power surge. Make sure that the strip has an internal circuit breaker to interrupt current in the event of an overload. This type of power strip is commonly referred to as a surge protector.
- Do not place electric cords under carpets or in areas with high movement.
- Keep all electrical items as far as possible from heaters.
- Keep all papers neatly stacked in a secure place, not on the floor close to extension cords or electronics.
- Store chargers safely when not in use. Do not leave them plugged in.
- Install smoke detectors and be sure to replace the battery at least once a year.
- Hire a qualified electrician for a safety audit, and hold an annual safety audit at least once a year through qualified professionals.
Despite the very best care and utmost caution, fires do break out. Such situations call for the finest post fire restoration and reconstruction service in South Jersey.
If you have endured the misfortune of a fire at your home office, then you should turn to the very best in the business to restore your property and bring your life back to normalcy again.
Contact Us Now
Mammoth Restoration & Reconstruction is the company to call for all your South Jersey area Fire and Smoke Damage Cleanup, Removal, Repair and Restoration needs. Need help NOW? Our 24/7 Emergency Services can quickly get your property back to normal. Call us at 609.859.5600 or email us.